When might you need a tooth extraction?
You might need to have a tooth pulled out if you have:
• severe gum disease
• a deep infection in a tooth
• a broken tooth
• crowded teeth
• problems with a wisdom tooth
Wisdom teeth, which are the last adult teeth you get, sometimes need to be removed. They can become stuck if they don’t have enough space to grow properly.
What to expect after a tooth extraction?
• After your tooth has been removed, your dentist will probably need to make sure the gum socket is clean. If you needed a cut in the gum during tooth removal, you might need a stitch to close the cut.
• You might have some bleeding and if so, your dentist will usually ask you to bite down on a piece of gauze to stop the bleeding.
• Once the anaesthetic wears off, you will probably have some pain. Your dentist might write you a prescription for pain relief medicine or recommend an over-the-counter medicine.
• You’ll also probably be told to eat soft foods and chew on the unaffected side of your mouth for a while.
Our office is dedicated to providing you with friendly, professional service while addressing all of your dental health needs.